The Virtual Campus holds a virtual seminar with the topic "Teaching competences in Public Health”
Washington, DC, September 14, 2023 (PAHO). The Virtual Campus for Public Health of the Pan American Health Organization (VCPH/PAHO) will hold the second seminar of the series "Training and exchange meetings 2023", on September 21, at 12:00 p.m. (EDT). The topic of the meeting will be “Teaching competences in Public Health”.
- To disseminate the work of the VCPH and its country nodes
- To strengthen knowledge of the VCPH Educational Approach within the framework of Permanent Education in Health
- To present challenges in the management of virtual training within the framework of the VCPH country nodes
- To promote the strategic use of the information generated in the nodes and portals of the VCPH
- To promote the collaborative work and the creation of communities of practice of PEH managers within the framework of the VCPH
Date: 21 September
Topic: Teaching competences in Public Health.
- Welcome and presentation of the guest and speakers. Presentation of the purpose of the 6th Meeting: “Teaching competencies in Public Health”. Gabriel Listovsky - Virtual Campus Regional Coordinator
- Concept of teaching competencies. Competencies for the training of teachers responsible for the Education of Health Professionals.
Marcelo García Diéguez. Universidad Nacional del Sur/CeEPROS
- Communication strategies of the Virtual Campus for its course dissemination
- Regional Framework of Teaching Competencies in Public Health: a collaborative work experience. Laura Magaña, Juana Suarez Conejero. Association of Schools and programs of Public Health (ASPPH).
- Exchange with participants. Escarle Pena - International PAHO Consultant
- Closing remarks. Maria del Carmen Cadile - International PAHO Consultant