The Virtual Campus holds a virtual seminar with the theme "Teaching and learning in virtual environments. Training management”
Washington, DC, 4 May 2023 (PAHO)- The Virtual Campus for Public Health of the Pan American Health Organization (VCPH/PAHO) will hold the second seminar of the series "Training and exchange meetings 2023", on 18 May, at 12:00 p.m. (EDT). The theme of the meeting will be “Teaching and learning in virtual environments. Training management”.
The agenda includes:
- Welcome and presentation of the Webinar. Gabriel Listovsky - Regional Coordinator CVSP
- World Health Organization (WHO) Emergency Learning Strategy. Articulation with formal education and work-based learning. Assessment in virtual education. The OPENWHO experience in emergency training. Utunen, Heini - Learning and Capacity Development unit, WHO Health Emergencies Programme
- Virtual training in the context of work and its impact on the transformation of practices in health services. The development of competences within the framework of the learning pathways. Gladys Skoumal - International PAHO Consultant
- Exchange with participants. Survey. Questions and Answers
- Recommendations and comments on the use of the virtual classroom. María Del Carmen Cadile; Escarle Pena; Fiona Harris Glenville, Virtual Campus team
- Closing remarks. Gabriel Listovsky
The series “Training and exchange meetings” seeks to offer training on priority topics in the management of virtual education to strengthen collaborative networks between the subregions and the VCPH country nodes.
The country nodes are a form of organization of the Virtual Campus that facilitates the management of training priorities, through decentralization in the PAHO Country Offices and in the national teams, working in accordance with the processes of technical cooperation for each country.
The series will include the following topics: the management of virtual education, the strategic use of the information generated by the Virtual Campus, the synergy between the training instances and PAHO's technical cooperation, among others.
One webinar will be held per month between April and October 2023, with the participation of experts from organizations linked to virtual education and from PAHO, who will make presentations and exchange experiences. The seminars will have simultaneous interpretation in Spanish and English.
The program is aimed at the personal responsible for the management of the country nodes, the teachers and researchers of the educational institutions that are part of the network of nodes, and the health professionals interested in permanent health education.